If you are reading this for the first time and want to hear the whole story, look under "BLOG ARCHIVE" on the right. Read the oldest blog first, starting with "The Diagnosis" in January 2009 (click on it) and continuing down. The blog you see below is the most recent and you want to read it last.

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Check It Out and Check It Off

Last night my son AJ graduated from the police academy. He has been a corrections officer for the last two years and having completed this program will further his career. I cannot adequately express how I felt as I watched him march in, stand at attention, salute and receive his certification. The best way I can describe it is overwhelming pride and love. They showed a brief video of some of the training they went through over the past fourteen weeks. It was very impressive. I can’t wait to see the full length version that will be available in July. AJ gave me a commemorative sweatshirt designed by one of his classmates. I wore it all night when we got home. Check it out. Yes that is a real gun he’s packin’ and yes it makes me a little nervous but he’s responsible and can handle it fine. I can now check off another item on my bucket list. I finally got to see him in his uniform. It was special. ---------------------------------------

3 comments:

  1. Nice! I'll bet you're proud. I used to work for the police dept. here for five years. (Then I transferred to Parks...better hours) I was a dispatcher. Love the cops!
    Tracy Hawker

    ReplyDelete
  2. Conratulations AJ! I am so glad you got to be there for this Jerry.
    Rolinda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to AJ! I am glad you were able to attend. Hope you are feeling well.

    Bridget

    ReplyDelete