If you are reading this for the first time and want to hear the whole story, look under "BLOG ARCHIVE" on the right. Read the oldest blog first, starting with "The Diagnosis" in January 2009 (click on it) and continuing down. The blog you see below is the most recent and you want to read it last.

Sunday, July 18, 2010

The Amazing Club That No One Wants to Belong To

I belong to a “club”. It’s members are all the people who have esophageal cancer or have been touched by it. They are all remarkable people and there is definitely a special bond that we all share. Over the past two weeks I saw two more examples of it. I was contacted by Travis’s mother-in-law, Mandy’s mother Judy. She is sending me a supply of a nutritional supplement that she had obtained for Travis. What a kind gesture. What a kind person. If you’ve read any of Mandy’s blog I’m sure you got a feeling for what an amazing person she is. It’s easy to see where she got it from. I was also contacted by Paul, another patient. He’s from close by in New Jersey. Paul told me a little about his story. He’s doing very well. Paul told me that he read my blog and noticed that one of the things on my bucket list is to get to the top of Pyramid Mountain. Since he and his wife are avid hikers, Paul offered to take Terry and I up there, providing support as necessary. We hope to do it in the Fall when it’s a little cooler. You see why I say this is an amazing club. These are two strangers reaching out to help me. The chemo I started almost two weeks ago has been rough. Just being on the pump for two days is a pain in the neck. Early on in the cycle I was very constipated. That lasted about two days. Then there was about a week of diarrhea. Through all of this I was very weak, slight nauseated and had no stamina. It wasn’t until yesterday that I felt normal again. Of course normal is not what it what it was two years ago but it’s my new normal. On Tuesday I start the cycle again. Please pray for Larry Alvey. He’s not doing well right now. Carry on. -------------------------------------------------------

1 comment:

  1. It is an amazing club. The amazing club that no one wants to be a member of. But amazing all the same.

    T. Hawker

    ReplyDelete