If you are reading this for the first time and want to hear the whole story, look under "BLOG ARCHIVE" on the right. Read the oldest blog first, starting with "The Diagnosis" in January 2009 (click on it) and continuing down. The blog you see below is the most recent and you want to read it last.

Monday, February 15, 2010

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

The Good: This past weekend marked the five year anniversary of Mark Richardson’s diagnosis. Mark’s diagnosis was very similar to mine. Like me, he was not a candidate for surgery. He was given three months to live. Mark has survived five years on determination, love and prayers with some chemo thrown in. There is a link to Mark ‘s story on the right side of this blog page. Carry on comrade. The Bad: Over the weekend John Hawker had to discontinue chemotherapy. John decided to go for quality of life and the chemo was not allowing that. It would have been nice if John was as fortunate as me and able to tolerate it longer but that was not the case. But don’t count John out. He decided to continue his fight on his terms, not the disease’s. His doctor sent a home health care nurse to disconnect him from his infusion pump. John then left on a trip to visit family. He left with a smile on his face. You can read about John by clicking here. Carry on comrade. The Ugly: This disease. It sucks. On a personal note this past weekend I enjoyed my son AJ’s visit to watch a movie with me and a Valentine’s Day visit to my daughter Heather. Where does that fit into the Good, Bad Ugly theme? None of the above; it was great! -------------------------------------------------

1 comment:

  1. I love you Jerry. I want you to live! I can't imagine my life without your blog. It scares me. I hope that you are like Mark and you just continue on somehow. I've always been so comforted by you blog. There is something so soothing about the way you write. You should be a famous author.
    T. Hawker

    ReplyDelete