If you are reading this for the first time and want to hear the whole story, look under "BLOG ARCHIVE" on the right. Read the oldest blog first, starting with "The Diagnosis" in January 2009 (click on it) and continuing down. The blog you see below is the most recent and you want to read it last.

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Oh Well

I heard back from the assistant to the radiologist who was making the determination of whether or not I am a candidate for SIR spheres. It appears I am not at this time. Although the radiologist wants to talk to Dr. George, my oncologist, he feels that since the chemo is working for now there’s no reason to try something else. SIR spheres are more of a “last resort” procedure. But he will discuss it with Dr. George before making a final decision. Of course we know what the Chemo Kaiser will say. But Dr. George has served me very well and I trust her judgment. Donna, the radiologist’s assistant, also told me that the CT scan showed fluid in my lungs and fluid in my abdomen. There is a possibility the fluid is malignant. If we were going to proceed with the SIR spheres the fluid would have to be drained and tested first. My last blood test showed that my CEA level, a tumor marker, had increased slightly. So between that and the fluid I’m concerned. We’ll see. --------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment