If you are reading this for the first time and want to hear the whole story, look under "BLOG ARCHIVE" on the right. Read the oldest blog first, starting with "The Diagnosis" in January 2009 (click on it) and continuing down. The blog you see below is the most recent and you want to read it last.

Sunday, November 8, 2009

I Thought I Was Exempt

Don’t you think that cancer patients should be exempt from ordinary day to day medical problems? I don’t want to travel down the self pity path but we do put up with more than average inconveniences and difficulties as it is. Shouldn’t we be spared some of the little things? I thought that’s how it worked. Apparently not. I think I have a hernia, self diagnosed of course. I’ve had it for about two months and have been trying to live with it but it seems to be popping out more and more. When it does I feel a kind of cramping nausea. I can feel a bulge in my groin. The nausea makes me think my small intestine is being partially strangled when it pops out (more self-diagnosis). When it happens I have to lie down for an hour or so until it pops back in. Today I started to pick up leaves but after a short time the hernia made itself known and I had to stop. It made me realize that I have to do something about it or my activities will be limited even more than what the chemo does to me. So after I get through next week’s treatment I’ll go see a doctor and probably end up in surgery for a repair. Maybe I’ll be exempt from something else. Carry on. ____________________________________________

1 comment:

  1. If it's not one thing then it's another. That sucks about your hernia. John is also having a little "problem"...see todays post.

    I hope that the hernia goes away. It sounds terrible.
    Tracy Hawker

    ReplyDelete