If you are reading this for the first time and want to hear the whole story, look under "BLOG ARCHIVE" on the right. Read the oldest blog first, starting with "The Diagnosis" in January 2009 (click on it) and continuing down. The blog you see below is the most recent and you want to read it last.

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Something Is Happening

One of the realities of adenocarcinoma is that it does not go away. Physically it is a very aggressive form of cancer and even if brought under control, it can rear it’s ugly head at any time, and usually does. And it doesn’t go away mentally either. Regardless of how positive and optimistic you try to be the negative thoughts have a way of sneaking in. Lately I’ve noticed that my side effects from chemo are lessening. The neuropathy seems to be getting better. I’ve gotten some taste buds back. My nails a growing back and I even have some hair growing back. It all sounds nice and to some extent it is. But I can’t help but worry that it may mean that the chemo is no longer as effective as it was and the cancer is coming back too. Tomorrow I go in for another treatment and I’ll see Dr. George. Certainly I’ll talk to her about this. I think she’ll be trying to schedule another PET scan soon so that may tell the story. In the meantime we’ll carry on. __________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment