If you are reading this for the first time and want to hear the whole story, look under "BLOG ARCHIVE" on the right. Read the oldest blog first, starting with "The Diagnosis" in January 2009 (click on it) and continuing down. The blog you see below is the most recent and you want to read it last.

Thursday, January 7, 2010

A Great Start

Well what a great way to start the new year. On the first I went to visit my ex-in-laws, Sandy and Jimmy. My timing was good because my niece Michele and her family happened to be there at the time. We had a great visit. When I got home Terry and I went to have dinner with her sister and mother. I have been blessed with beautiful in-laws and that day was in-law day, very enjoyable. The next day, Saturday, Terry and I, along with my son AJ and his girlfriend Lindsey, went to my daughter Heather and her boyfriend Ed’s new home for dinner. Heather was the perfect hostess and has really taken to the domestic scene. I was somewhat saddened to see her so grown up but also very proud. On Sunday my niece Cheryl and her family came over. Cheryl’s husband Dan and his father took down the Christmas decorations for me since I am limited because of the hernia surgery. Afterwards we all went to eat at Jimmy Buff’s. They are known for their greasy Italian hot dogs. Since I was almost five weeks past my last treatment due to the surgery my taste buds were better than they’ve been for a long time; just right for a greasy Italian hot dog. Actually two. Monday was good because I saw the surgeon and although the incision is not healing as quickly as it should because of all the junk in my system (I’m referring to the chemo not the Italian hot dogs), he cleared me to resume treatment. On Tuesday I crashed at the chemo lounge. I dozed off in the chair only to be awakened by my sister Anne and nephew Shane. What a nice surprise! We had a very enjoyable visit. Today I got a message from my son AJ telling me he starts the training academy next week. I'm excited. I think I'll finally get to see him in his uniform at graduation. Life is great! Happy New Year everyone! ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 comment:

  1. As I read today's post, I'm starving hungry and stuck at work. Nothing sounds better then a couple Italian hot dogs. Yummmmm. Sounds like you've been doing very well and enjoying it. Good for you! You're a rock!
    Tracy Hawker

    ReplyDelete