If you are reading this for the first time and want to hear the whole story, look under "BLOG ARCHIVE" on the right. Read the oldest blog first, starting with "The Diagnosis" in January 2009 (click on it) and continuing down. The blog you see below is the most recent and you want to read it last.

Friday, January 8, 2010

Not So Good

I tried to start the new year with a positive, upbeat post and I guess I did but unfortunately this beast known as esophageal cancer does not allow a lot of good news. At least not for long. Travis Poll, another patient, found out yesterday that his cancer has reappeared in the form of a liver tumor. He will begin another round of chemo soon. John Hawker is experiencing a lot of nausea, vomiting, etc. with his current treatment. He's a trooper, going to work each day in spite of it. Both Travis and John have had an esophagectomy and yet their battle is not over. Both are much younger than me. I’ve been withholding some negative information of my own. The blood tests done with my treatment this week showed a rise in liver function readings, one to the point of being abnormal. My CEA count is also rising. CEA is a tumor marker. Maybe it’s just because I’ve had a 5 week break or may it’s just the Italian hot dogs. This is the nature of this disease. It doesn’t go away. So we continue to fight along with or wives, Terry, Tracy and Mandy. Thank you ladies. Please pray for Travis and John. Give them any prayers you may have said for me. They need them more than I do. ------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment