If you are reading this for the first time and want to hear the whole story, look under "BLOG ARCHIVE" on the right. Read the oldest blog first, starting with "The Diagnosis" in January 2009 (click on it) and continuing down. The blog you see below is the most recent and you want to read it last.

Thursday, January 28, 2010

2 For 2 ..... Unfortunately

I was correct with my self diagnosis of the hernia and unfortunately I was right about something going on with my cancer. Based on a more complete PET scan report and the most recent blood tests Dr. George informed me today that the chemo regimen is no longer working. There are tumors in my lungs and liver that were not there before. My CEA count is rising. Dr. George suggested I contact the Cancer Institute of NJ again to inquire about clinical trials. She said that if not, she can start a new chemo regimen and hope it is effective. My personal opinion is that she can’t be too confident about a new regimen if she’s suggesting a trial. I have taken it upon myself to inquire again about the SIR Spheres. Hopefully I’ll be able to gather enough information to make a decision next week. This is a point in this journey I knew I would come to sooner or later but it still hits hard. Who would have thought that I’d be so disappointed to give up the treatments that have been so brutal. Prayers are welcome and appreciated. ----------------------------------------------

2 comments:

  1. Very disappointed with this news... but still remaining positive. Lots of love, thoughts, & prayers....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be praying my heart out. I hate to say it but everything I've read always says the chemo eventually quits working. Those cancer cells are tricky little bastards.
    Tracy Hawker

    ReplyDelete