If you are reading this for the first time and want to hear the whole story, look under "BLOG ARCHIVE" on the right. Read the oldest blog first, starting with "The Diagnosis" in January 2009 (click on it) and continuing down. The blog you see below is the most recent and you want to read it last.

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Bucket List x 2

Last week I had plans with my mother to plant our spring flowers. Unfortunately, the Saturday night before we were supposed to do it, she fell and broke her arm. It was impossible for her to participate so I went to the nursery, bought the flowers, and went to her house to plant them where she designated. My sister Anne, and my mother’s companion Paul helped. Then I came home and planted mine. It wasn’t according to plan, but this did represent the second year my mother and I planted flowers together. It was fulfilling that item on my bucket list for the second time. I didn’t think I’d make it to that first Spring to do it once. I have a lot to be thankful for. On this Saturday just passed Terry and I went to our friends Phil and Linda’s house to celebrate their son’s birthday. Yesterday we went to our friends Bruce and Rhonda’s house for a visit. We enjoyed both visits. More to be thankful for. It’s been more than two months since I’ve had chemo and I’m feeling great. But last night there was a helicopter hovering over our house with a searchlight shining down. I think it was the Chemo Kaiser looking for me. Carry on. --------------------------------------------------------

1 comment:

  1. LOL! The Chemo Kaiser is looking for you! Haaaaaaaaa! That cracks me up! Watch out! That Chemo Kaiser might be in the toilet when you lift up the lid and she's going to grab you by your ass! Scary!
    T. Hawker

    ReplyDelete