If you are reading this for the first time and want to hear the whole story, look under "BLOG ARCHIVE" on the right. Read the oldest blog first, starting with "The Diagnosis" in January 2009 (click on it) and continuing down. The blog you see below is the most recent and you want to read it last.

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Here We Go!

Tomorrow’s the big day; phase one of the SIR Spheres treatment. It will be a long day at the hospital. Mommy will be there with me. You may recall that the new chemo regime I started called for two weeks on then one week off. That would have meant that last week was a scheduled week off. Then, since the chemo had to stop two weeks before radiation, which is next week’s phase, I would be done with chemo for a while. But the Chemo Kaiser would have no part of that. She pulled out her calendar and figured out we could get one more treatment in last Thursday and still meet the two week requirement. So she shot me up again, the third week straight. And I’m feeling it. I was warned that the chemo agent Irenotecan often caused diarrhea and they were right. Very right. I have now officially renamed it I Ran to Can. I will be off chemo for a while now. That will be nice. It will be some time before we know if the SIR Spheres treatment is effective but I’m optimistic. For now. Carry on. ------------------------------------------

3 comments:

  1. Love you Jerry. Always thinking about you and happily reading your latest post. You are the best blogger ever. I love to read your stuff. Love you, good luck with spheres.
    Tracy Hawker

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thoughts and prayers are with you Jerry.
    Rolinda

    ReplyDelete
  3. My prayers are with you, Jerry. Here's hoping the SIR Speres work!!!!

    ReplyDelete