If you are reading this for the first time and want to hear the whole story, look under "BLOG ARCHIVE" on the right. Read the oldest blog first, starting with "The Diagnosis" in January 2009 (click on it) and continuing down. The blog you see below is the most recent and you want to read it last.

Friday, December 25, 2009

An Abundance of Gifts

Sine I was diagnosed about 15 months ago I have been blessed with many gifts. I think today is a good day to look at the again. Here’s some of them I case you’d like to share. *Trrrrr *I reconnected with my Godmother, Aunt Jo-ann, or Auntie Eleanor to us Wymans *Fresh contact with my friend Bruce and his wife Rhonda *Frequent calls from my niece Cheryl *Fresh contact with my ex-sister/brother-in law, Sandy and Jimmy *Better relationships with my children *A better relationship with my mother *A visit from my nieces Jodi and Michele *Visits from our friends Denis and Carol *Matt’s dinner *Father Herb and Sister Sylvia *A great oncology team, Dr. George, Patrice, Lynn, Chris, Karen, Sandra, Geri and the new blood lady, all who make the treatments pleasant *Rolinda and Marny, ladies who are still fighting the EC war even though their own personal battles are over *Hearing from so many people from my past *John Hawker, Richard Martin, Mark Richardson, Travis Poll and all the other EC patients who inspire me *Learning what a good friend Jennie is *Realizing what good friends Linda and her family are *Reconnecting with Trudy, Joe and Linda *Chris, Nancy and all the Chemo Angels *Daily conversations with my mother *A visit from my friend Charles *Good PET scans *Hearing from my children’s friends *So many prayers *Little miracles like Sister Sylvia’s visit and Kris’s Rosary *Visits from my children *Grandson Jake *Frequent conversations with my Aunt Barbara *Better relationships with my sister and brother *Great in-laws, Jackie, Camille, Bob and Ma *My good friend Vince who shares many laughs and much wisdom with me *And the best gift of all …… LIFE ….. 15 months of it that most people didn’t expect me to have. And I think I have some more left in me. Merry Christmas everyone.

1 comment:

  1. Merry Christmas Jerry! I loved your list.
    Tracy Hawker

    ReplyDelete