If you are reading this for the first time and want to hear the whole story, look under "BLOG ARCHIVE" on the right. Read the oldest blog first, starting with "The Diagnosis" in January 2009 (click on it) and continuing down. The blog you see below is the most recent and you want to read it last.

Thursday, February 12, 2009

TERRY IS LAUGHING AGAIN

As you may recall from the very first blog entry I said I wanted to make Trrrr laugh again. Well, things are going fairly well now so we have many good, relaxing times when we forget about our problems and just enjoy life and each other. And Trrrr is laughing more. Earlier this week President Obama was holding a news conference. I climbed up on my soap box and started preaching to Trrrr about how all politicians were the same and how this country was self destructing. I said “I’m glad I’ll be checking out soon and I won’t have to watch it.” Terry responded “If you don’t shut up you’ll be checking out sooner than you think” and broke into her beautiful laugh that I haven’t seen much of lately. OK so it was at my expense but she was laughing. The next night we went to see a movie and Trrrr paid me a compliment. She said the male lead in the movie reminded her of me. Well normally that would be a compliment but not in this case. The lead was played by Kevin James, the overweight guy from the TV show “King of Queens”. The movie was “Paul Blart: Mall Cop” in which he plays an overweight mall security guard who is a bumbling klutz. Every time he did some dumb thing Terry would burst out laughing and say “that’s something you would do”. So again it was at my expense but she was laughing. The important thing is that Terry has been laughing more lately. That’s a beautiful thing. This will definitely make my “Happy Times With Cancer” list. I am blessed to be able to have this time with Trrrr. You see why she is my quality of life. And we carry on.

No comments:

Post a Comment