If you are reading this for the first time and want to hear the whole story, look under "BLOG ARCHIVE" on the right. Read the oldest blog first, starting with "The Diagnosis" in January 2009 (click on it) and continuing down. The blog you see below is the most recent and you want to read it last.

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Hospice

I am under hospice care now. I’m not on my death bed yet but I do require more “comfort” care. And these people are absolutely great at making myself and Terry comfortable.
I think I still have some time left and the hospice people are helping to make it quality time. I can spend time with people who come to visit and enjoy life.

Perhaps I'll survive so long they throw me out of the program.

Carry on.

7 comments:

  1. Good for you! You're entitiled to some comfort care! Hospice is like angels coming to your home. And it's as much for Terry as it is for you.
    J. Keime

    ReplyDelete
  2. My heart is with you Jerry... we follow the path you are on... I read your blog... and get a glimpse of what Robbie may be going through (he is not as expressive as you are). I wish I could fix it for you and for him and for everyone else who is going through esophageal cancer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am praying for you and your family, Mr. Wyman. Though I have not commented here in a long time, I have continued to read since losing my dad to EC in Dec 2010. It has been a blessing to see how you have handled your illness with such grace and determination. Your desire to make every moment meaningful has been such an inspiration and comfort to me since EC first came into my life. Thank you for that! ~Da-Niel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Correction...I wrote 2010 as when my dad passed. That should read 2009.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think John fell in love with our hospice nurse Felicia. She was a babe! And nice and awesome. I hope your nurses are sweet as pie.
    I'm thinking of you always...
    Tracy Hawker

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just checking in on you Jerry. My bro in law is doing amazing. We thank god every day and enjoy each time we meet (they live 2 hours away by car).

    My thoughts are with you...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jerry,
    I just wanted to say it was a pleasure getting to know you over the past few years. I am glad we had a chance to talk a few weeks ago.
    I hope you have a peaceful journey and i am sure we will meet again on the (flip/side)
    best wishes chris from the cancer center

    ReplyDelete