If you are reading this for the first time and want to hear the whole story, look under "BLOG ARCHIVE" on the right. Read the oldest blog first, starting with "The Diagnosis" in January 2009 (click on it) and continuing down. The blog you see below is the most recent and you want to read it last.

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Quickie

Yesterday I had the ascites fluid drained again after only eight days since the last one. For three or four days prior to that I felt miserable. They took out 12 liters. Twelve liters in eight days. It's coming back more frequently and in greater volume. I'm not sure what that means but I know it's not good. I'm looking deeper into the permanent catheter.

I scheduled an unplanned visit to Dr. George tomorrow. I want to have my blood drawn to check my CEA. If there's no progress I will stop chemo. If there is progress I may stop anyway. Quality of life is becoming more of an issue.

Carry on.

--------------------------------

1 comment: