If you are reading this for the first time and want to hear the whole story, look under "BLOG ARCHIVE" on the right. Read the oldest blog first, starting with "The Diagnosis" in January 2009 (click on it) and continuing down. The blog you see below is the most recent and you want to read it last.

Saturday, March 12, 2011

The Gifts Keep Coming

Last night Terry and I attended the engagement cocktail party for my son AJ and his fiancee Lindsey. It was a gift from God that I was able to attend. My ascites was at a very tolerable level and I had some strength. Had it been a week ago they would have had to roll me in. At the risk of being morbid, for me it was like the wedding. I don’t think I’ll be here next year when they get married.

At one point a song came through the music system that inspired me. Terry was involved in a conversation but I took her hand and said “come dance with me”. Mind you now this was not an event where people were dancing. And mind you Terry is much more inhibited than I and this is not something she would normally do. But she did. So in a little corner of the room, next to a speaker, we danced. And every man in the room was jealous. Can you guess what song it was?

The blessings keep coming.



Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

2 comments:

  1. Jerry
    You don't know me, but I have been following your blog for the last few months. I was reading your bucket list and I want you to know that you have changed my life. You have taught me to be more courageous, more grateful and more aware. I am sure there are countless others who feel the same. So, whether you check it off your list or not, you HAVE changed lives and even saved lives. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't posted much lately, but I am always checking for your new blog posts and have stepped up my prayers for you and for your mother.

    I am so filled with joy that you were feeling well enough to go to the engagement party and that you had a special moment with Terry!

    I admire you for your strength in the middle of your battle, your peace in the middle of the storm, and your ability to also focus on others even though what you're dealing with is all-encompassing.

    -Lindie

    ReplyDelete