If you are reading this for the first time and want to hear the whole story, look under "BLOG ARCHIVE" on the right. Read the oldest blog first, starting with "The Diagnosis" in January 2009 (click on it) and continuing down. The blog you see below is the most recent and you want to read it last.

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Friends

Friday evening my friend Joe dropped by for a visit. He spent time with Terry and I just chatting. What was originally going to be an evening like most others tuned out to be some enjoyable time spent with a long time friend. On Saturday my friend Vince came over to help me put up our Christmas wreath. You may wonder why I needed help with a wreath. Well this is an eight foot wreath which I built about five years ago along with a ten foot easel to stand it on. I've put it up myself once, with Terry once and with my son several times but this year I was ready to retire it. Then Vince offered to help and I couldn't resist because I like it. Below is a picture of it. I replace the normal white ground lights with green and red bulbs. They can't be seen clearly in the picture although they are visible. I also use green and red spotlights shining on the house to backlight everything. Getting the wreath up and having good friends has put me in the Christmas spirit. Carry on. -----------------------------------

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow it looks great! I think your goal for next year should be to have lights synchronized with music! =)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. HO HO HO!!!!!! I love Christmas!!!!! I'm making all the goodies and I put four Christmas trees in the living room. This will be my first Christmas without John, but just remembering how sick he was last Christmas (he could hardly eat)makes me happy to know he's in heaven having an awesome holiday.
    I like your wreath! Very nice! Have a good one and I hope you feel awesome.
    Tracy Hawker

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice wreath...I will have to ride by and check it out!
    D.R.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're a better man than I Gunga Din :)
    Glad to hear you are feeling a bit better and that you took home some of Pennsylvania's $$$...Keep opening those cans of "whoop-ass" and keep on fighting...tt ya soon buddy

    John Castiglione

    ReplyDelete