If you are reading this for the first time and want to hear the whole story, look under "BLOG ARCHIVE" on the right. Read the oldest blog first, starting with "The Diagnosis" in January 2009 (click on it) and continuing down. The blog you see below is the most recent and you want to read it last.

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thanksgiving, 2010

Yesterday I went to Terry’s sister Jacki’s house for Thanksgiving dinner. We were joined by Terry’s other sister Camille and her husband Bob, and Terry’s niece Cheryl with her husband Dan and daughter Gianna. These people have been family to me for the past twelve years and spending the day with them was special. I was reminded of all the things I have to be thankful for. Earlier in the week I had received an invitation from my brother Tim to join him and his family. So after dinner I went to Tim’s house where he, his wife Kathi and daughter Lindsay were hosting a large gathering of Kathi’s family and ours. Although they did a great job, what really made this visit especially nice for me was that I had not been to their house in more than ten years. Tim and I have been slowly making progress towards mending our relationship but this was what I hope is then first step in repairing things with the rest of his family. Lindsay seems to have become quite a baker. She made an apple/blackberry pie and a pumpkin cheese cake. Everybody raved about them. Unfortunately I had to enjoy eating them vicariously because my taste buds are virtually nonexistent right now but I did enjoy seeing how much they were appreciated. Topping off the day was something I’ve been waiting a long time for, a group hug with my mother, sister, and brother. Below is a picture of the four of us but you can see the actual hug on my bucket list. Use the link on the right. So much to be thankful for. Carry on. --------------------------------------

3 comments:

  1. Yay for checking off one more on the bucket list! The picture made me smile. Glad you had a great Thanksgiving Jerry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That picture of all of you is beautiful! It is a picture to look at and love. (The last time I saw you all together, you were wearing short pants!)

    Auntie Jo-Ann/Eleanor

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this picture! So happy for you, for all of you!

    Deb

    ReplyDelete