If you are reading this for the first time and want to hear the whole story, look under "BLOG ARCHIVE" on the right. Read the oldest blog first, starting with "The Diagnosis" in January 2009 (click on it) and continuing down. The blog you see below is the most recent and you want to read it last.

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

John Hawker

This morning I received a message informing me that John passed away at 4:00 am. At this point, it is welcomed. He went slowly and endured a lot. Now he is at peace. John and I spoke several times. He was easy to talk to. If I brought up the topic of what we were going through he spoke of it frankly. Most of the time we just talked about what was going on in our lives as if nothing was wrong. John fought this disease for almost eighteen months to the day. He taught me how to fight it with dignity. John was strong all the way. He resisted going on disability. He traveled to be with friends and family. John taught me how to live life in spite of the disease. John taught me that I could love someone I never met. Hey Dad. Meet my friend John. ----------------------------------

1 comment:

  1. I love you Jerry. You've been a great friend to John and to me. I'll call you when all the smoke clears and I come out of my shock.
    Tracy Hawker.

    ReplyDelete