If you are reading this for the first time and want to hear the whole story, look under "BLOG ARCHIVE" on the right. Read the oldest blog first, starting with "The Diagnosis" in January 2009 (click on it) and continuing down. The blog you see below is the most recent and you want to read it last.

Monday, January 10, 2011

None of the Above????

Today Terry went with me to see Dr. George. We were going to have the discussion about whether it made sense to continue chemo or stop it to go for better quality of life remaining. I began that talk but Dr. George quickly put an end to it. She told us that she could not give me chemo today as scheduled because last week's treatment had knocked my white blood count down too low. The low count was also the likely reason for my feeling so badly the last few days. That came as good news to me. I'd rather it be that than the things I was considering. And I have been feeling better today. Thank you for all your concern and prayers. Now if I may ask, please pray for Robbie LaSalle who had the surgery a short time ago and has been having a very difficult recovery. And they just found new tumors in his liver. So the plan now is to skip chemo this week and go onto a two week cycle instead of the planned three weeks on one week off. We're back into that balancing act ... treatment vs. side effects and weighing that against the benefits. And we're hoping. And we're carrying on. ------------------------------------------

1 comment:

  1. Carry on! I'm glad you can sleep off some of the side effects. Being able to sleep is a real blessing!

    ReplyDelete