If you are reading this for the first time and want to hear the whole story, look under "BLOG ARCHIVE" on the right. Read the oldest blog first, starting with "The Diagnosis" in January 2009 (click on it) and continuing down. The blog you see below is the most recent and you want to read it last.

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Maybe This Is Why

I have often pondered why God has given me as much time as He has. I couldn't come up with an answer and eventually concluded that He is just blessing me with the abundance of gifts I have been given over the past 28 months. But I may have an answer now. Yesterday my mother was diagnosed with lymphoma. It may be that my remaining purpose is to help her fight her battle. On Friday she has an appointment with an oncologist. I will go with her and continue with her as long as I can. This Spring's marigold planting will be especially sweet. We'll carry on together. -------------------------------

5 comments:

  1. I've been in touch, Jerry. She is so lucky to have you as her advocate. You are her strength right now.

    XO
    Aunt Jo-Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jerry,
    So sorry to hear of your Mom's diagnosis - she is in my prayers now also.
    Keep the positive thoughts and healing energies. :)

    ~Bridget

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking of you and your Mom today.

    Rolinda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sending you and your Mom lots of strength and love.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jerry, I am Karianne Beus, Travis Beus' wife. Thank you for remembering him. I admire your strength. Hearing your words throughout your battle has brought me so much insight. Prayers for peace to you and your mom!

    ReplyDelete