If you are reading this for the first time and want to hear the whole story, look under "BLOG ARCHIVE" on the right. Read the oldest blog first, starting with "The Diagnosis" in January 2009 (click on it) and continuing down. The blog you see below is the most recent and you want to read it last.

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Quick Update

I received the results from the blood tests drawn on Monday. My CEA count is still creeping up. It’s now 28.7, up from 25.1 two weeks ago. However, the counts that measure liver function have improved slightly. I’m concerned about the liver tumor that, according to the PET scan, has grown. I expected that the SIR Spheres would have taken care of all the liver tumors. Although one of them was resolved (disappeared), I don’t understand why the other one is thriving. I sent the scans down to the doctor who did the SIR Spheres but unfortunately he’s away until next Wednesday. It’s frustrating but I can’t complain. I’m lucky to be here and I’m loving life. Carry on. ------------------------------------------------

2 comments:

  1. The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. ~C.C. Scott

    Thinking of you Jerry.

    Angie Poll

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi jerry Jim from Lancashire UK.I think you are doing really well under the circumstances. A question, Is there any chance of doing spheres again to try & kill this tumour?
    Best Wishes jerry
    Jim

    ReplyDelete