If you are reading this for the first time and want to hear the whole story, look under "BLOG ARCHIVE" on the right. Read the oldest blog first, starting with "The Diagnosis" in January 2009 (click on it) and continuing down. The blog you see below is the most recent and you want to read it last.

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

A Different Kind of Pain

I had the hernia repair surgery on Monday. It went very well and I felt no pain at all….until Tuesday. Then the pain was excruciating and has been ever since. You don’t realize how often you use your abdominal muscles and every time I do the pain practically knocks me out. I broke down and used some of the pain pills they gave me which I hate to do. On the bright side this is a good pain. It is a healing pain. At least I know that when it’s over it’s over, unlike the pain caused by the hernia itself. With that pain I never knew when it was coming back. So now I’m done with doctors, hospitals, drugs and everything medical. Well at least for another week and a half until I go back for chemo. Carry on. -----------------------------------------------------

1 comment:

  1. Jerry, I'm glad they fixed your hernia. I bet that hurts like a mother !@$%%%%.

    I hope you have a very Merry Christmas and are able to eat a bunch of Christmas goodies.

    Tracy Hawker

    ReplyDelete