If you are reading this for the first time and want to hear the whole story, look under "BLOG ARCHIVE" on the right. Read the oldest blog first, starting with "The Diagnosis" in January 2009 (click on it) and continuing down. The blog you see below is the most recent and you want to read it last.

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Who Could Ask For More

Just a quick update from the most recent blood tests. First the minor (hopefully) bad news. My liver enzyme counts are still elevated meaning my liver is not functioning at 100%. I'm still hoping that's normal reaction to the SIR Spheres. More importantly though, my CEA count came down further. It's now at 20.7. It was at 58.4 when we started with the FOLFOX regimen and has been coming down steadily since, indicating a good response to the treatment. To top it off, I've been tolerating the poison very well. What more can you ask for from a chemo treatment? Now I'll get an extra week off from treatment. Next week I'll be walking my daughter Heather down the aisle. Life doesn't get any better than that. Carry on. ----------------------------------

2 comments: