If you are reading this for the first time and want to hear the whole story, look under "BLOG ARCHIVE" on the right. Read the oldest blog first, starting with "The Diagnosis" in January 2009 (click on it) and continuing down. The blog you see below is the most recent and you want to read it last.

Friday, February 12, 2010

Hurry Up and Wait

My approach to treatments has always been to proceed as quickly as possible. My thinking is that delay can only hurt. Many people, including doctors, have told me things like a week or two won't matter. I don't buy it. In response I ask them if 6 months delay would do any harm. They respond "yes". So I ask them if the damage is done on the 180th day or does it build up day by day. The answer is obvious. But sometimes we have no choice and that is the case with my pursuit of SIR Sphere treatment. The Cancer Institute of NJ was closed Wednesday because of the snow. I'm now rescheduled for next Wednesday. So I'll wait. In the meantime I have to deal with a domestic problem. The Oscar video is still generating comments and emails. It has gone to Oscar's head and he has developed a real attitude. See for yourself: What's the male version of Diva? --------------------------------------------------------------

4 comments:

  1. What a cute photo! You work it Oscar!
    Rolinda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Oscar needs to go to the spa and then perhaps he can contact a designer for a specialty collar.

    As for your wait....that is annoying. I'm even waiting. Waiting for you to be able to tell us whats happening. Another week? That's torture even to me.

    Tracy Hawker

    ReplyDelete
  3. perhaps Oscar should get himself an agent : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where's your "DIRECTOR" hat??? :)

    ReplyDelete